A rededication ceremony is set to take place at Ballymena and District War Memorial in the Memorial Park following the addition of names of 172 local people who lost their lives during the First World War.
Last year Mid and East Antrim Borough Council agreed the addition of verified missing names of those killed on the monument.
In 2013 it was discovered that some of the local Fallen who died in The Great War were not honoured on the Memorial.
Research undertaken by History Hub Ulster on behalf of Council and a public consultation found that up to 172 names were missing.
Those names have been engraved onto the Memorial in recent weeks, and a poignant rededication ceremony will mark their unveiling on Sunday 7 October at 3pm.
Mayor of Mid and East Antrim Councillor Lindsay Millar said: “I am proud and honoured that the rededication of Ballymena and District War Memorial will take place this weekend.”
Councillor Billy Henry said: “The service of rededication will be undertaken in conjunction with the Royal British Legion, as part of the Council’s Centenary of The Armistice Programme, and we are indebted to them for all of their assistance and support throughout this crucial project.”
Ballymena and District War Memorial was unveiled in 1924 after a fundraising effort raised just over £1,000.
It is unknown how the 496 names were gathered by the then War Memorial Committee in the early 1920s but through professional research, using agreed criteria, it has emerged that some of those who were killed in action or subsequently died of wounds have been overlooked until now.
Anyone wishing to parade with the Royal British Legion should assemble at the Services Club in Trostan Ave at 2pm.
The parade will march off at 2-30pm sharp.
After the Service the parade will march back to the Braid Town Hall for dismissal.
Afterwards a reception will be held in the Braid Town Hall for all those on parade.