News

Parents appeal after son seriously injured in attack after wedding

Thursday, 14 September 2017

THE family of a Ballymena man who was attacked and left for dead following a friend's wedding have appealed to the public to help find those responsible for the brutal attack on their "precious son".
Andrew Barr, a father of two young boys, lay seriously injured for some four hours before he was discovered and rushed to hospital.
He suffered severe brain trauma, punctured lungs and injuries to his face in the savage assault. Mr Barr, who runs Flamingo Fitness in the town, had been at a wedding in Leighinmohr Hotel before he was found by a night porter lying in a grass area at around 6am on Friday, September 8.
His parents, Amanda and Sam Barr, said their son's head injuries were "consistent with being repeatedly kicked".
In a facebook post Mrs Barr said her son was "currently in a critical state".
She added: "He is lucky not to have lost his sight in his left eye and his punctured lungs are recovering.
“He suffered brain haemorrhaging to both sides of his head, one of which is inoperable."
*Full report and pictures in this week's Ballymena Guardian.

Share

Subscribe to read full newspaper »

Send to a friend

Please complete the following form to inform a friend about this page.

In order to process your information we must ask you to enter the letters in the image into the box:

CAPTCHA Image play audio version Reload Image

* Mandatory field - please complete